This one is a bit of a dud. I was about to start another one, guess that’ll wait after I write this. Changed it a bit trying to be more efficient, adding a little loop for hanging cause why not. The loose parts are too tight and the tight spots aren’t tight enough so the spine doesn’t quite hold like I’d like it to. It’ll stay together just fine though, the difference is barely noticeable.
I’ve also worked out a proper setup so I won’t have to use staples to temporarily hold the pages together while I punch the holes. I didn’t even remove them in this one oops, it could set off metal detectors.
And I might need to put a label on them warning it’s possible for them to contain cat hair.
I’ve got a selection of articles and texts from anarchist writers I’m going to be printing out, some illustrated, some posters. Just binding blanks for now out of paper from the recycling bin :D
Someone borrowed my printer and I’m only getting it back next weekend, so I have the whole week to figure out what else to make. I’d like to have at least half a dozen books to assemble for the end of the month, when I’ll have to go out of town for medical appointments again.
It’s pretty much the same process I’ll be using for the mini-books that come with some of the -bda-, except those are cut to about a third the height. It’s simple to get the hang of. Having a crochet needle helps (I need to get a new one of those). Right now I’m just using a small engineer’s screwdriver to push the yarn around and make the knots.
I’d love to hear suggestions on what to print out for more of these. Preferably between 40 and 80 pages, a manageable size for now. I’ve got three lined up so far but I’m not telling :P I’d rather hear what whoever reads this might have to say. It doesn’t really matter if I’ve read it already or not.